Now, you’d have a way to invite spirits into your home.
Materials: Sticks (I used sticks of a sushi pad), yarns of different colors, superglue.
1) Make 2 crosses. These are labeled Cross A and Cross B in the illustrations (A).
2) Loop yarn around Cross A, like you would when making regular 4-pointed God’s Eye. My yarn color for Cross A is green. Here is the direction of your yarn: Knot the end of your yarn to the center of your cross. Loop it OVER, then UNDER 1, then bring it OVER, and UNDER 3A. Do the same thing until you cover all points of your cross. Loop over and over again until your yarn already has the thickness that you like. GLUE THE END OF THE YARN TO THE STICK WHEN YOU FINISH LOOPING. You can also tie a knot or twist to the next yarn but that would make the back of your God’s Eye bumpy.
3) Do the same to Cross B, but use a different yarn. For my God’s Eye, I used black. At this point, it would be wise to think of your color scheme. Obviously, mine is reminiscent of Marvin The Martian.
4) Put your Cross A over Cross B, with the centers meeting. Cross B has to be placed diagonally so that you’ll end up with an 8-pointed frame. (See Illustration B)
5) Now, loop your yarn from 1 to 1A, under Cross B. This will make your crosses stay together. Loop until the desired width. Do the same for 2 and 2A. Then, 3 and 3A. Then, 4 and 4A. The yarns for these steps have to be the same color. (See Illustration D for the detailed image of the yarn. They are numbered according to the steps I just mentioned.)
6) Loop yarn from 1 to 3A to 1A to 3, over and over again. (My direction is counter-clockwise.) Yarn has to go UNDER AND PASS sticks 4A, 2A, 4, and 2.
7) Loop yarn from 4A to 2A to 4 and to 2 over and over again. Yarn has to go UNDER AND PASS sticks 1, 3A, 1A and 3.
8) Repeat 6 and 7, using the colors you want. For the last layer, I finished the loop with black yarn. See Illustration D.
9) Repeat Step 5 for all points of the frame. I used two shades of green for my God’s Eye.
10) For the outer frame, loop yarn over all points of the frame. You can use different-colored yarns, or just one. It’s your choice.
11) To finish off your God’s Eye, you can attach trimmings, beads, etc. to the ends of the sticks.
Here are other designs that you can make.
They’re all lovely.
You can try find out more about
HOW TO MAKE A GOD’S EYE
JUST USE THIS FORM FOR SEARCH
- GET CRAFTY - Discover the fun, unique way to express your creativity with Mandala Life ART's make your own woven mandala kit! It's perfect for your next baby shower, bridal showers, crafty birthday parties, girls nights, mother/daughter bonding time, and more!
- PREMIUM NATURAL MATERIALS - Gorgeous, all-natural materials make for an eco-chic decor item that's sure to start conversations. Each kit includes an ample amount of beautiful acrylic yarn , a frame and a wooden sticks, so you can create dreamy, eclectic bohemian wall art of God's Eye ( Ojo de Dios ).
- FREE SPIRITED AND ONE-OF-A-KIND - With the DIY Woven Mandala Kit, you'll never find the same dream catcher twice. Express your inner spirit as you create a one-of-a-kind God's Eye mandala that represents YOU!
- A FUNKY, ARTISTIC GIFT - The DIY Woven Mandala Kit is a fun, thoughtful stocking stuffer, birthday gift, or special treat for free spirits, artists, bohemians, hippies, and creative dreamers of both kids and adults.
- MAKE MEMORIES - Whether you're 8 or 80, you can have fun getting crafty as you create a gorgeous keepsake (that might even help keep bad dreams at bay!).Make memories AND make your own craft project, and order your own DIY Woven Mandala Wall Ganging Kits TODAY!
- ❤Durable and Rustproof: The darning needles are made of durable stainless steel, which is corrosion-free with a nonporous surface. so it will last for a long time without rusting.
- ❤Sizes Meet You Need: 3 x 5.2 cm/2 inch, 3 x 6 cm/ 2.4 inch, 3 x 7 cm / 2.8 inch. Perfect sizes of yarn Knitting needls for you to choose to finish your project.
- ❤Easy to Use: Due to the extra large eye,the stitching needles are easy to thread yarn through even without a threader.
- ❤Wide Range Applications: These tepastry needles are suitable for weaving in ends and sewing up seams on your knit & crochet projects. Also can be used for repairing a jute rug or mend vinyl upholstery and leather.
- ❤Store Easily with Transparent Bottle: When you finish the project, just put them in the bottle. You don't need to worry about the finishing needles drop on the floor or lost in the corner.