This is a super simple recipe that makes the most savory crescent rolls I have ever had! I knew they were going to be good just from reading the recipe, but I did not anticipate just how amazing they would taste. I think butter (and lots of it) has something to do with it. Definitely won’t be making these regularly; they are just too good.
I’m thinking they will make a perfect Christmas morning tradition. Anything with cinnamon seems Christmasy to me, but they could certainly be enjoyed any time of the year.
Crescent Cinnamon Rolls
Recipe courtesy of: The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
-1 tube (8 count) Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, unrolled and separated
-6 tablespoons butter,softened
-1/4 cup white sugar
-2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
-2 tablespoons butter, melted
-1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered Sugar
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Place the unrolled and separate crescent rolls on an un greased cookie sheet(one with sides).
1. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, sugar and cinnamon
1. Evenly spread the cinnamon butter over the crescent rolls and roll up.
2. Place tip side down on the cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
1. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
2. Place in a zip lock bag and snip a tiny corner off.
3. Drizzle the glaze over the cinnamon rolls.
Some cinnamon butter will leak from the crescent rolls while cooking. This will not affect the taste.