In the summer we tend to use our crock pot a lot. When it’s 100+ degrees here the last thing I want to do is heat up the kitchen. To get ready for the summer, we have been testing out a few new recipes. First up was this awesome macaroni and cheese.
Let me come clean with you….. I have made several recipes for mac & cheese in the crock pot. ALL OF THEM were complete disasters. Dry & always overcooked. But this time I checked on it every 30 minutes or so just to make sure I didn’t screw it up, yet again. This time was perfect!! Creamy, cheesy, and down right yummy comfort food. It took about 2 1/2 hours and made the whole house smelled wonderful. 😉
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni
- 16 oz. Velveeta, cubed
- 8 oz. Mexican cheese blend, shredded (2 cups)
- 8 oz. white cheddar or sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- season salt & pepper, to taste
- *Cook macaroni a minute less than package directions; drain. Use a cooker liner or grease a 5 qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 2 – 3 hours, stir once or twice. Season salt & pepper, to taste.
You can try find out more about
Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese