10 Easy Hairstyles For School
Page 9 of 11
8. V-braided topknot
The V-braided topknot hairstyle is a fun and unique way to elevate your topknot game. Here is a simple tutorial to create the V-braided topknot hairstyle:
- Start with clean, dry hair. Brush out any tangles or knots in your hair.
- Create a V-shaped parting at the top of your head, starting from the crown and ending at the forehead. Clip the two sections of hair away from each other.
- Take a small section of hair from the left side of your part and divide it into three equal parts.
- Begin a French braid by crossing the right strand over the middle strand, then crossing the left strand over the middle strand. On each subsequent cross, add a small amount of hair to the right and left strands before crossing them over the middle strand.
- Continue braiding until you reach the end of the section. Secure the braid with an elastic band.
- Repeat steps 3-5 on the right section of your hair.
- Gather the remaining hair at the back of your head and create a high ponytail.
- Twist the ponytail into a bun and secure it with bobby pins.
- Take the left braid and wrap it around the base of the bun, securing it with bobby pins.
- Repeat step 9 with the right braid to create the second wrap around the bun.
- Optional: Gently pull on the braids and the bun to create a more voluminous look.
- Finish with a spritz of hairspray to keep the style in place.
That’s it! With just a few simple steps, you can create a unique and stylish V-braided topknot hairstyle. This hairstyle can be customized by using different types of braids or by adding hair accessories like pins or flowers.
Missy Sue shows you how you can create two “V” braids on the top of your head. Lead them towards your crown, where they can connect to a high fountain ponytail or messy topknots.