How to make rice water
(You can do it in two way)
- In a jar or bottle, add 1 cup of filtered water and 1/3 cup of organic washed rice. Keep it at room temperature or warm place overnight. The rice water should smell a bit pungent. Strain and store it in the refrigerator for a week. Use it in your skin and hair care routine.
- Put 2-3 tablespoons of whatever organic rice. You can use simple white, jasmine or basmati rice into a small saucepan and add 2 cups of water. Allow it to boil for 20-30 minutes. When the water starts to turn milky white, strain it and drink it warm.
Benefits of rice water
- Because rice water is a fermented product, it has great pH balancing properties that helps restore skin and hair pH. By balancing pH, rice water helps in keeping skin and scalp infections at bay.
- Rich in vitamins, minerals and beneficial compounds that helps nourish skin, hair and scalp. Nourished skin and hair is equal to healthy skin and scalp.
- Has great skin and hair softening properties. Makes skin and hair very soft and touchable.
- Reduces frizz in hair, helps fights dandruff, makes hair manageable and soft.
- Helps unclog pores, add natural glow, keep acne at bay and also brightens up the complexion.
- Also helps fight pigmentation and dark spots.
How to use rice water
- Use the rice water directly as a toner or soak cotton balls in rice water and use it on your face before going to bed. Rice water also helps heal acne and scars. It acts as an astringent on the skin, tightening the pores.
- Washing your hair with rice water makes hair longer, stronger and shinier.
Add rice water in your shampoo or use it as a last rinse.
- Drinking rice water acts as a good source of energy.