Size: Standard Baby 5-10(10-18) lbs. [18(20)” finished chest size]
3.5 oz worsted weight yarn
Size 10 needles (circular or straight)
Worked on a multiple of 4 sts.
1. *K2,P2. Rep * across
2. *K2,P2. Rep * across
3. *P2, K2. Rep * across
4. *P2, K2. Rep * across
1. Use an open (looped) cast on with (36)40 sts on size 10 needles and use Box Stitch.
2. Work even until piece measures 4.5 ins (22 rows).
3. Mark this row at both ends for armhole.
4. Work even for about 4.5 ins more (44 rows total).
5. Back neck.Cast off 11 sts at beginning of next 2 rows. (if you wish to graft the shoulder seams together using the Kitcheners Stitch, place shoulder sts on a holder.)Place remaining 18 sts (for back of neck)on holder.
6. Frilled hem.Pick up (36)40 sts from the cast on row.Right side of work facing. K1 *(YO, K1)*, repeat to end. Work 3 rows even.Purl next 2 rows.Cast off loosely.
1-2: Follow steps 1 and 2 as for back.
3. Armhole.Mark this row at both ends for armhole. Continue until armhole measures 2.5 ins (12 rows).
4. Shape neck.Work both sides at the same time.Work 16 sts. Slip the next 8 sts to a holder.With a second ball of yarn, work remaining 16 sts.Dec 1 st at neck edge every row 5 times, until 11 sts remain.
5. Work even until armhole measures 4.5 ins (22 rows). Cast off 11 shoulder sts loosely.
6. Frilled hem.Pick up (36)40 sts from the cast on row. Right side of work facing.K1 *(YO, K1)*, repeat to end. Work 3 rows even.Purl next 2 rows.Cast off loosely.
1. Cast on 20 sts on size 10 needles. Work in garter stitch or hem pattern of choice for 1 ins.
2. Change to Box Stitch.
3. Inc 1 st at each end of every 3rd row 5 times, then every 4th row twice to 34 sts (23 rows total, excluding hem).
4. Work even until sleeve measures about 5 ins (26 rows), excluding hem. Cast off loosely.
LEFT SHOULDER SEAM:
1. Sew front to back along left shoulder seam. (or graft if desired)
ROUND (CREW) FRONT NECK SINGLE BAND COLLAR:
1. (size 9 needles.)With right side of work facing, pick up and work 18 sts from back neck holder, 9 sts from left front neck edge, 8 sts from front neck holder and 9 sts from right front neck edge.
2. Work 1 ins (5 rows) in K1P1 ribbing. Cast off loosely.
1.Sew sleeve top to armhole, easing to fit. Sew side and sleeve seams using invisible seam. Sew any remaining seams. Darn/weave/sew in all loose ends.
HAT (both sizes, work same)
Cast on 44 and work in box st for 4″
(K1, K2tog) across
Rep last row, then rep first row. Fasten off and sew side seam.
Pick up and knit 44 sts around.
(K1, yo,) around
K even for 4 rows
P two rows. Cast off.
Weave ribbon through eyelets
You can try find out more about
Frill Baby Set (sweater and hat)