Size: Newborn & Preemie
Soft worsted weight yarn
Sport or baby yarn
NOTE: Beggining chain does not count as first st. When instructed to put a stitch in the last st, this is NOT into the turning ch, but the last complete chain worked.
To work an increase(inc): Work 2 hdc in same st..
With “N” /”G” hook, CH 24
1. Sc in second ch from hook and in each ch across. Ch 2, turn (23)
2. Hdc in first 3 sts, *inc in next. hdc in next 2 sts. Rep * across.Ch 2, turn (30)
3. Hdc in first 3 sts,*inc in next. hdc in next 3 sts, Rep * to last 2 sts. Hdc in last 2 sts (37)
4. Hdc in 3 sts, *inc in next. Hdc in next 4 sts, Rep * to last 4 sts, Inc in next, Hdc in last 3sts. Ch 2, turn.(44)
5. Hdc in next 4 sts.*inc in next. Hdc in next 5 sts. Rep * to last 4 sts, inc, hdc in last 3 sts. Ch 2, turn (51)
6. Hdc in next 4 sts. *inc in next. Hdc in next 6 sts. Rep * to last 5 sts. inc, hdc in last 4 sts. Ch 2, turn (58)
7. (Dividing for sleeves) Hdc in next 5 sts. Inc. Hdc in next 3 sts, ch 5, Sk 10 sts, Hdc in next 10 sts, inc. hdc in next 7 sts. inc. ch 5, sk 10 sts. hdc in next 4 sts, inc, hdc in next 4 sts. Ch 2, turn.
8. Dc in first st. Sk 2 sts. (Dc, ch1,dc) in next st(V-st made). Sk next 2 sts, (3dc) in next st(Cluster made). sk next 2 sts.*V-st in next st. sk 2 sts, Cluster in next st. sk 2 sts. Rep * across. Dc in last dc. Ch 2, turn.
9. Dc in 1st st.*Cluster in center st of cluster, V-st in center of V-st. Rep * across. Dc in last dc. Ch 2, turn.
10. Dc in 1st st. *V-st in center of V-st. Cluster in middle st of cluster. Rep * across.
REP rows 9-10 alternately for pattern. DO NOT FASTEN OFFwhen desired legnth is reached.
Working up front, Ch 1, placce 9 sl sts in ends of rows up to row 6. ch 2, sl st end of of row 5(button hole made). Sl st up to top of row 2 (5 sl sts), ch 2 sl st in first st around neck and in each st around. Place 19 sts down other side of sweater front. CH 2, hdc in each st around bottom. Ch 1, sl st down last hdc post to first sl st made. Fasten off.
SLEEVES (BEGINNING CHAIN DOES COUNT AS A ST ON THESE RNDS.)
1. Join yarn with sl st under arm hole with cluster in the CH-5 worked earlier. Ch 2, hdc in next 3 chs underarm. Hdc in 1st unworked st of yoke and around armhole. hdc in last to chs of CH-5 underarm. Join with sl st. (16 sts)
2. Ch2, Hdc in next 13 sts. Hdc dec over next 2 sts. Join. (15)
3. Ch 2, Hdc in next 12 sts. Hdc dec over next 2 sts. Join. (14)
4-8(or desired legnth). Ch 2, hdc in next 13 sts. Join.
Rep same rows for other sleeve except join rnd 1 yarn in ch BEFORE V-st underarm.