When I cook dinner for Michael and myself, I usually try to stick to the quick and easy recipes. Although I really enjoy cooking, I don’t exactly look forward to spending a ton of time in the kitchen when I come home from work.
I recently made this super simple, tasty little dish called Cheddar Penne with Sausage & Green Peppers and it turned out fantastic!
Michael even added it to his Top 5 meals cooked by me. He liked it better than several more complicated, time-consuming recipes, so I guess I can’t complain about that!
Cut up the onion & peppers and browning the sausage
Cooking the sauce and pasta
From Campbell’s Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian pork sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 2 cups)
- 1 large onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups penne pasta, cooked and drained
To make it a little more healthy, I used whole wheat pasta and turkey sausage.
- 1. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally. Remove the sausage from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
- 2. Add the pepper and onion to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup and milk and heat to a boil. Return the sausage to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook until the sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Place the pasta into a large bowl. Add the sausage mixture and toss to coat.