I found a recipe on Campbell’s Kitchen that got rave reviews and it was super easy. It took me less that 5 minutes to throw it all in the Crock Pot. Finding beef short ribs in the grocery store wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be though. I mean, it’s not like I was looking for something crazy like quail eggs or venison. I just wanted simple short ribs!! They didn’t have them at Kroger or Publix, but I did manage to find them at The Fresh Market. I’m happy to report that the hubs loved the short ribs! And I know what you’re thinking…it’s possible that he’s pretending to like them to make me feel better, but I did eat them too, and they were delectable, if I do say so myself. This is definitely going to be a staple in our household, for sure! Michael said it’s his favorite meal that I’ve cooked so far, so if he’s lying, he better work on acquiring a taste for short ribs Slow Cooker Melt-In-Your-Mouth Short Ribs Ingredients:
- 6 serving-sized pieces beef short ribs (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 bottle (12 fluid ounces) dark ale or beer
- 1. Place the beef into a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the brown sugar, garlic, thyme and flour and toss to coat. Pour the soup and ale over the beef mixture.
- 2. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is fork-tender.
You can try find out more about
Slow Cooker Melt-In-Your-Mouth Short Ribs