Down With a Twist
“Down with a Twist” is not a commonly used term to describe a specific hairstyle. However, there are many hairstyles that incorporate twists and can be worn down, so here is a simple tutorial for a twisted half-up hairstyle that can be worn down:
- Start with clean, dry hair. If your hair is prone to frizz, apply a small amount of smoothing serum or oil to the ends.
- Part your hair down the middle and separate a small section of hair from each side of your head near the temple.
- Take one of the sections and divide it into two equal parts. Twist the two sections together, starting at the root and working your way down to the ends.
- Once you reach the ends, secure the twist with a small elastic band.
- Repeat steps 3-4 with the other section of hair.
- Take the two twisted sections and bring them together at the back of your head. Secure them in place with bobby pins, making sure to conceal the elastic bands.
- Optional: Pull on the twists slightly to loosen them and create more volume.
- Finish with a spritz of hairspray to keep the style in place.
That’s it! This twisted half-up hairstyle can be worn down and is perfect for any occasion, from casual to formal. You can also customize the hairstyle by adding braids or hair accessories like clips or flowers.
This look from laineymariebeauty is slightly more advanced but still uses the same concept.