Dutch Braid Pigtail Buns
Dutch braid pigtail buns are a cute and playful hairstyle that is perfect for casual occasions or for adding a touch of fun to your everyday look. Here is a simple tutorial to create Dutch braid pigtail buns:
- Start by parting your hair down the middle into two sections. Brush out any tangles or knots in your hair.
- Take a small section of hair from the front of your left section and divide it into three equal parts.
- Begin a Dutch braid by crossing the right strand under the middle strand, then crossing the left strand under the middle strand. On each subsequent cross, add a small amount of hair to the right and left strands before crossing them under the middle strand.
- Continue braiding until you reach the nape of your neck. Secure the braid with an elastic band.
- Repeat steps 2-4 on the right section of your hair.
- Take the left braid and wrap it around itself to form a bun. Secure it with bobby pins.
- Repeat step 6 with the right braid to create the second bun.
- Optional: You can pull on the braids slightly to make them appear looser and more voluminous.
- Finish with a spritz of hairspray to keep the style in place.
That’s it! With just a few simple steps, you can create a cute and playful hairstyle that is perfect for any occasion. Dutch braid pigtail buns are versatile and can be customized by using different types of braids or by adding hair accessories like bows or flowers.
Wheelsnoheels – Gem Hubbard has a great tutorial for this style.